The Japan-America Society of Northwest Florida, Inc. (JAS of NWFL) is a private, non-profit, tax exempt 501(c)3 organization, with membership consisting of both individuals and interested organizations.
The Society’s mission is to work toward fostering and promoting stronger ties of friendship and understanding between the U.S. and Japan.
The goal is to cultivate and enriching and mutually beneficial relationship between the U.S. and Japan, based on a spirit of goodwill.
Activities / Services
In its pursuit to formalize a productive partnership between the U.S. and Japan, the Society provides an avenue to increase personal and professional dialogue between Northwest Floridians and Japanse. Comprehensive cultural, educational and business relations programs are offered on a regular basis.
- Assist the community and public/private schools to learn about the culture, language, and customs of Japan.
- Encourage and support Japanese exchange students and their organizations to become active in the community.
- Assist and support the non-native Japanse speaking graduate and under graduate student to visit Japan.
- Lend assistance to cultural activities in the community.
- Provide exhibitions, performances, workshops and other activities relating to the culture and life of Japan.
- Provide social/networking occasions.
- Conduct business Seminars and conferences relevant to the community’s needs
- Assist the business community’s organizations interested in developing lasting ties with Japan.